So tell me, why the hell should I hire you? The job description is pretty straight forward. You’ll be responsible for establishing a country’s goals and strategies and presiding over the execution of that vision. The president is the commander-in-chief of the military and responsible for insuring that the laws passed by Congress are executed and enforced as written.
Given those responsibilities, I’ve put together some revealing questions for choosing a president.
- What does continuing our counter-terrorism strategy look like in 2017?
- You will undoubtedly command our military as president. How do you choose the words to comfort the families of fallen troops?
- What would you tell 2016 college graduates about the opportunities ahead?
- What is the purpose of the constitution in your administration?
- Where should our Social Security dollars be going?
- Other than keeping America safe, what are your first 100 days of priorities?
- Speaking of keeping America safe, how do you ensure Americans are safe in their own communities?
- As an American, what are your thoughts on the current president?
- Is the United States education platform suited for the future?
- Who are your cabinet picks? Particularly, Vice President & Secretary of State?
- How did you choose your Chief of Staff?
- If a Supreme Court position becomes available, who would you have in mind to fill it?
- Are we on the right track with healthcare?
Depending on each candidates answers the followups could be all over the place. But I think these questions lay a foundation for their philosophies about running the country.
What say you?